Documents Required for Importing into Germany
- Copy of passport or other identification
- Residence Registration Confirmation
- Copy of certificate of Title and Registration
- Proof of Ownership – bill of sale, commercial invoice: required for vehicles in the owner’s possession less than 6 months
- Insurance Card – from origin country
- Export permit
- Original vehicle registration papers
- Third Party Liability Insurance – initiated at Customs clearance
Proof the vehicle has successfully completed the safety and roadworthiness inspection and emissions control test
Taxation in Germany
- Import Duty of 10% of the vehicles Cost and Freight (C&F).
- Tax at 19% of the vehicle Cost and Freight (C&F).
- Every motor vehicle registered in Germany is subject to a special motor vehicle tax (Kfz-Steuer). The first payment must be paid soon after registering the vehicle.